You must be a registered member of ProductionCrate to post to the forum. Click here to register or login if you are already a member.

Welcome to the new forums! If you would like to contribute, click here.

UV unwrapping  

RSS

Does anyone know anywhere I could get help with unwrapping, because I'm having trouble doing this one unwrap using AE and maya. Heres a picture of the model in maya, the unwrap, and the ae texture. I've tried cc'ing everything to match in ae but theres still a distinct line difference. 

test3
UV3 Map
Screenshot (81)

One thing you can do to help out is by expanding the edges of the textures. For example, we had a similar problem with our RenderCrate fern assets, and so expanding the colour of the texture outside of the border helped hide any of the black background  😀 

View post on imgur.com

Personally, I'd say to get the cleanest render, painting it manually with skin/lip/hair materials would be best! That way there won't be any pre-baked lighting issues  😀 

Ok, Thanks! Part of the issue is my lighting was off, so different angles have different skin tones. I have no Idea how to pain onto a surface in this way in maya, so I'll take a look

Share: