You must be a registered member of ProductionCrate to post to the forum. Click here to register or login if you are already a member.

Welcome to the new forums! If you would like to contribute, click here.

Demo Reel 2019  

RSS

tboim
(@tboim)
Trusted Member
08/08/2019 4:58 am  

This is my first official demo reel using Maya. What are some thoughts on the videos in the demo reel, and the structure of the reel? There are vfx breakdowns for the godzilla and dragon videos in the description. 

ReplyQuote
David Blaker
(@itsdavidblaker)
Crate Crafter Admin
08/08/2019 12:03 pm  

Really impressed at the quality of that gigantic winged monster model there! Really well made as well, it's often tricky having two whole minutes of showreel content produced as quickly as you did! The music tripled the epic value  😀 I already know that in a few years or so your next showreel will be far more insane!

ReplyQuote
tboim
(@tboim)
Trusted Member
08/08/2019 4:28 pm  

Thanks! The Godzilla type dragon was made in zbrush. I highly recomend getting Zbrush its really easy to make high detailed creatures, faces, etc quickly. I'm doing my best to show all fields of 3d(Animation, modeling, rigging, texturing, etc.)

ReplyQuote
stephenc4
(@stephenc4)
11/08/2019 3:40 pm  

I think you should re-evaluate what area of VFX/film making you want to get into. Your reel doesn't really show off any particular skill.... I don't mean your NOT skilled I just mean you should show off what your best at. If you enjoy modelling and or effects then only show that in your reel. Don't add animation until you have a strong grasp of animation. If you left out the animated bits your reel would be a lot more impressive. Nothing wrong with being able to to all tasks (modelling/animation/texturing etc) but if your weak in one of those areas then don't show it.

ReplyQuote
tboim
(@tboim)
Trusted Member
12/08/2019 9:48 pm  

I see what you mean. I much better at modeling, special effects in maya, and compositing than other things such as drawing, animation, rigging, etc. In the future I'll show more of one subject. I'm trying to get into Gnomen college since im in 10th grade and they asked for everything. When I'm trying for a job I'll probably stay in the field of modeing and sculpting, unless I somehow get better in a different field. Thanks for the advice!

ReplyQuote
Share: